Why Plant Trees for Kenteng Village?
Water is essential for human life. However, Kenteng Village faces water scarcity every year due to the severe drought in the area during the dry season. Villagers must trek about two kilometers to reach the only nearest spring for clean water.Conversely, the rainy season brings the threat of landslides to the village. In 2017, the village suffered from a devastating landslide, triggering a flood that caused destruction to homes and livestocks.
To help prevent the landslide occurences and address water scarcity, we planted hundreds of trees in Kenteng Village last year. This year, our mission continues and we need your support.
Join us in planting trees and supporting #GivingTuesday to help the village. These trees not only enhance the environment, but also empower local farmers to improve their livelihood by planting high-value trees.
By planting trees, you:
- Help villagers in overcoming the problem of water shortage during dry season
- Preserve the availability of water spring from drying out
- Aid in the preventative measure against future landslide occurrences.
- Empower local farmers to cultivate high-value trees on their lands
- Support improved livelihood to local farmers, enabling the cultivation of high-value trees
- Contribute to capturing carbon.
What villagers say about Kenteng Village
With just US$ 1.00 you can plant a tree and make a difference.
Plant as many trees as you wish to create a stronger impact!
Mark the date! You can GIVE TREES starting November, 7 to 29 2022 through our website trees4trees.org.
Let's donate TREES for Kenteng Village in Kebumen, Central Java, Indonesia!